WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE TWO WHEELS MOTORCYCLE TOURS?
Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours has packaged the entire tour and ensures the highest level of safety and enjoyment by providing a fully escorted tour to some of the greatest tour destinations in Australia. We ride the fun, winding, scenic roads, not the boring highways.
Below is a list of many of the inclusions in every tour arranged by Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours.
Included in your tour price are the following:
Lead rider/tour guide – On all tours, Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours provides a knowledgeable motorcycle mounted tour leader to ensure your safety and comfort. The lead rider will hold a current First Aid certificate, first aid kit and breakdown supplies.
Luggage – Our tours are motorcycles only, so you will carry your own luggage. Any luggage you do not require for the tour can be left at our office for the duration of the tour.
Luggage is available for hire with any motorcycle hire.
Accommodation – For the duration of the tour, you will be provided with hotel/motel private room accommodation. No backpacking. No camping. No twin share requirements (unless of course that is what you want)!
Meals – Please check your tour for meal inclusions.
Please note – alcoholic drinks are NOT included. Any special dietary requirements specific to your needs will be catered for.
Orientation – All Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours begin with a full briefing on the Australian road rules and conditions and an orientation to familiarise yourself with other participants on the tour.
Airport greeting and transfer – All airport transfers upon arrival and departure, are included in your tour cost.
Fuel – Please check your tour package information. Most tours do not include fuel.
Please contact us if you would like your fuel excluded/included in the total cost of the tour. (Please check for any special tour packages, as to whether it includes fuel in the total package price)
CAN I BRING MY OWN MOTORCYCLE?
Yes of course you can. We encourage you to ride your own motorcycle if possible. Please ensure that you hold the correct licence for the motorcycle you are riding and that your motorcycle is roadworthy and fully insured.
DO YOU HAVE MOTORCYCLES TO HIRE?
Unfortunately we do not have motorcycles to hire, but we do work with Brisbane and Sydney motorcycle hire businesses to arrange motorcycle hire for you. Check out the “Motorcycle Hire” tab at the top of the page.
CAN I BRING A PILLION ON THE TOUR?
You certainly can! We will ensure that your pillion has just as much fun touring as you do. Pillions sharing accommodation will have reduced tour fees, so please ask us for pillion pricing on any tour.
HOW FAR DO WE RIDE EACH DAY?
Our longer tours will have up to 350km – 400km days to ensure you have time for sightseeing, taking photos and just relaxing on the bike. Our shorter tours may have longer days reaching our destination and shorter days in between.
DO YOU RIDE ON SEALED OR UNSEALED ROADS?
Our tours are on sealed roads. There may be sections of roadworks or detours that are not sealed, however the majority of the tour is ridden on sealed asphalt roads.
HOW BIG ARE THE TOUR GROUPS?
Our guided tours will have a maximum of 15 riders.
WHAT TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION WILL WE BE STAYING IN?
We will be staying in quality motels and hotel rooms with each rider having their own room with bathroom (unless otherwise stated)
WHAT MOTORCYCLE EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY?
All riders must be over 25 years of age and be in possession of a valid motorcycle riders licence. It is expected that each rider is experienced and can operate a motorcycle competently. You must be fit enough to physically manage a full day on the bike.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TOUR LEADER?
Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours supplies a fully experienced tour guide on a motorcycle. Each tour guide has a full First Aid certificate and carries a first aid kit, breakdown supplies and has full knowledge of your itinerary.
ARE THERE ANY FEMALE TOUR LEADERS?
Yes, we have both male and female tour leaders.
WHAT ABOUT AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES – WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?
You will be fully briefed on the road rules and requirements for Australia when you arrive, and during the tour you will be assisted by the Tour Leader.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A HELMET?
Yes. It is a requirement under Australian law that all motorcyclists must wear a helmet at all times when riding a motorcycle. If you require a helmet we can suggest suitable stores to purchase one or helmet hire is available with motorcycle hire.
WHAT COST IS INVOLVED?
Costs will vary dependant on which tour is selected. Please view our current tours and contact us for pricing. As each tour is personalised to your specific requirements, it is best if you contact us and inform us of any requests you have.
HOW MUCH LUGGAGE CAN I BRING?
You will carry your own luggage, so only pack what you need. The more luggage you bring the heavier the bike will be and the more difficult to handle. Any extra luggage not required on your tour can be left at our depot until your arrival back in Brisbane.
ARE MEALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE, AND DO YOU CONSIDER SPECIFIC DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
- Please check your specific tour for details. Most tours include breakfast and dinner(unless stated otherwise) in the price of your tour – this includes tea and coffee and cold drinks for included meals. You will be responsible for the cost of all other meals. *Alcoholic drinks are NOT included in the price.
- All dietary requirements are taken into consideration – let us know your requests.
DO I HAVE TO STAY WITH THE GROUP AT ALL TIMES?
Absolutely not. Two Wheels Motorcycle Tours realises that each rider’s dream trip is different. While some love riding with the group, others may want to venture off on their own to explore the open road. If you are going to head out solo or in a small group, please be sure to let your Tour Leader know so he/she can assist you with a route and a meeting place for later in the day. We love to send our riders out to enjoy the road in whichever way makes you happy.
CAN I RIDE ON AN INTERNATIONAL LICENCE?
- Motorcycle licenses printed in English mean you can rent or ride a motorbike in Australia. If your license is not printed in English or does not include English translations of the relevant sections, then you must get either an International Driving Permit [IDP] or a certified translation of your license.
- If you have any restrictions on your license in your home country then the same restrictions will apply in Australia. For example: if you have a 35kW limit on your license in your country of residence, then the same restriction will apply in Australia. If you are a younger, learner or provisional rider then we may be able to provide options for you, but you will need to check the bikes you are able to hire by viewing the information in this section. The bike rental companies pages also indicate which bikes you will be able to hire, displaying either a ‘P’ for ‘provisional’ or ‘L’ for ‘learner’ capable bikes.
DO YOU HAVE MOTORCYCLE GEAR TO HIRE?
No we do not currently have motorcycle gear to hire, but we can guide you to local stores to purchase anything you need. Any motorcycle hire can include helmet, jacket and glove hire for an additional price. Just ask us and we will guide you to the best option.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Bring your motorcycle apparel including jacket, helmet, gloves, motorcycle boots, rainwear. Don’t forget your bike licence, all your travel documents including passport, visa, flight tickets, credit card, cash, mobile phone. etc. We strongly recommend you obtain personal health and general travel insurance. If travelling in summer, a camel back or similar water backpack is highly recommended. Also sunscreen is a necessity.
WHAT WILL THE WEATHER BE LIKE ON MY TOUR?
Australia’s weather can be extreme. Winters can be bitterly cold and summer can be extremely hot and humid. Please ask us and we will inform you of the weather expected during your tour.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I DECIDE TO BOOK A TOUR?
When a tour is booked and paid in full, an information pack regarding your tour will be emailed to you. This pack will detail where we are , what to bring, when to arrive and other useful information to make your tour a fun and memorable time.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- When your deposit is paid, your accommodation is booked, therefore the cancellation policy of the accommodation which is booked will apply, also a percentage of the total booking fee for the relevant tour will be forfeited to TWMT.
- 4 weeks prior to tour: 20% – (the chances that we can acquire another booking within 4 weeks are fairly high )
- 2 weeks prior to tour: 50% – (the chances of us receiving anther booking within 2 weeks are minimal)
- 1 Week or less to tour: 75% – (the chances of us receiving a booking within one week are next to none)
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MOTORCYCLE RIDING IN AUSTRALIA?
Australia’s weather can be unpredictable – summer storms, hot and humid temperatures in summer, bitterly cold in winter. Expect anything and everything weather wise.
• Summer days can exceed 40 degrees centigrade – be prepared with camel back style backpacks or plenty of water bottles.
• Flies and mosquitoes can be bad in some areas – insect repellent is recommended.
• Travelling at dusk and dawn brings with it the risk of hitting a kangaroo, wombat or any other animal. Travelling around dusk or dawn is not recommended.
• Australian roads can be sometimes of poor quality and care must be taken with loose surfaces, potholes etc.
• Police patrol most roads with either hand held speed radars, mobile speed cameras, parked speed cameras and red light/speed cameras are situated at some traffic signals. Please follow all speed signs and road rules.